IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION
(1) Content disclaimers
This site is intended only to assist brides, grooms and others planning weddings or events with identifying local vendors to evaluate and to assist vendors in presenting themselves to shoppers. Our publication of vendor contact information and vendor advertising is not an endorsement of the vendors presented. Responsibility for the accuracy of claims made in advertising is solely that of the advertiser. Advantage Yellow, LLC and the operators of Wedding Vendor Profiles (this site) make no warranty as to the correctness or reliability of content provided by advertisers and published here. Links to content on and quotation of material from other sites are not the responsibility of Advantage Yellow, LLC or the Wedding Vendor Profiles team. We encourage all visitors to seek references and other sources of reliability information about any vendors they are considering hiring or purchasing wedding or event goods or services from.
Similarly, we allow visitors who state that they are brides to provide review information about the vendors on our site, and while we make every effort to identify and eliminate inaccurate or dishonest review information, we cannot guarantee that we have the ability to do so.
Story ("article") content submitted to Wedding Vendor Profiles (for publication in the articles area) becomes the copyrighted property of Advantage Yellow, LLC, the parent company of Wedding Vendor Profiles and The Wedding & Special Event Yellow Pages. We reserve the right to modify submitted content in any way we deem appropriate to prepare it for publication.
Submitters who upload images to accompany their content are solely responsible for verifying their ownership and/or legal right to publish the images.
(2) Free vendor listings
We offer vendors in the markets we serve the opportunity to receive a basic listing in our directory at no charge. Please keep in mind the following requirements for listing:
- Registration with a valid email address and alternative contact information (so that we can confirm the content of your listing in the future). We reserve the right to occasionally offer registered vendors the opportunity to upgrade to paid advertiser status via email.(Emails are not published in your listing unless you choose that option.)
- Your published listing does not need to include a street address, but it must include the actual city in which your company is located. This is essential to the integrity and value of a local directory.
- Your company name must not be amended to try to improve listing order (e.g., by adding "A" or "AAA" or "1" ahead of the company name). We follow standard alphabetizing rules which ignore articles like "A," "An," and "The" in determining alphabetical order. We also do not permit the substitution of a web address for a company name. A web address and link may optionally be added to any listing (there is an annual fee for this link).
(3) Reuse of our site's content
We make our content availlable for republication as excerpts with appropriate attribution and links back to our site, as governed by a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License. This means you can repost our original material so long as the logo and linkback are displayed and credit is given. Please note that this license does not include images, as we may not own or otherwise have the right to license the images on our site for others to use.
If you are accessing or republishing our content in the form of an RSS feed, we ask that you not modify the content, including not changing, adding or deleting advertising. We reserve the right to restrict or prohibit use of our feeds at any time, as we see fit.
From time to time, Advantage Yellow, LLC, may offer prizes to our visitors, usually only for brides and grooms, and usually by random drawing of registrants.
Visitors who would like to participate in random drawings of registrants without registering online my submit their name, address and phone number by mail to:
Advantage Yellow, LLC
PO Box 31935
San Francisco, CA 94131
Because our comment system offers some degree of anonymity through a "username" approach, and because all comments become part of a public conversation, we ask that all commenters follow these guidelines:
- We are aiming for a positive and friendly environment -- after all, wedding planning is stressful enough!. There is no place here for threatening, harassing, deliberately hurtful, defamatory, or libelous material. We also encourage brides who have had difficulty with a vendor to first attempt to work it out with the vendor directly.
- Please understand that we will attempt to verify that reviews submitted are actually from a bride, groom or other event client who has actually worked with or purchased goods from the vendor reviewed. When in doubt, if we are unable to verify that the client relationship exists or the event actually took place, we will not publish a review.
- We expect that commenters/reviewers will not intentionally make false or misleading statements in comments or reviews.
- Comment/review space should not be used to offer to sell or buy any product or service, or link to unrelated sites.
- Do not post material that infringes copyright.
- Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or in breach of the law.
- In general, we ask for a civil and respectful environment. We reserve the right to remove any review, comment or post if it contains profanity or other language we deem inappropriate.
Please note that once you post a comment or review, it becomes part of the public conversation. In general, we will post all comments unless they violate the above guidelines or otherwise conflict with our Terms of Service. Keep this in mind before posting anything you might later regret. Of course, we do reserve the right to remove any comments we deem inappropriate for any reason.